The University of Madras (informally known as Madras University) is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest and premier universities in India. The university was incorporated by an act of the Legislative Council of India.It is a collegiate research university and has six campuses in the city viz., Chepauk, Marina, Guindy, Taramani, Maduravoyal and Chetpet. The university has 68 teaching and research departments grouped under 18 schools, covering languages, humanities, science, technology and medicine.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for filling up of the following posts at the National Center for Nano science and Nanotechnology in the thrust area of Bio-medical Nanotechnology situated at Guindy campus.
Faculty Positions – 16 Posts (Total)
- Professor – 4 Posts
- Associate Professor – 4 Posts
- Assistant Professor – 8 Posts
As per UGC Regulations on minimum qualification for appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards of Higher Education 2010.
Note : The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for the appointment of
Professor and Associate Professor.
1. Professor :Rs.37400-67000 with an AGP of Rs.10000
2. Associate Professor: Rs.37400-67000 with an AGP of Rs.9000
3. Assistant Professor: Rs.15600-39100 with an AGP of Rs.6000
How to Apply
- Applicants must download the Application form from the University Website and apply to the Registrar of the University (by Designation only) with a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- towards the cost of application. The Demand Draft shall be drawn in favour of the ‘The Registrar, University of Madras’, payable at Chennai.
- The fee prescribed for SC/ST/Differently Abled Person is Rs.250/-
LAST DATE TO APPLY WITH FILLED IN APPLICATION FORM is 22/09/14
For Detailed Information on education qualifications, Pension scheme and Application form please click the link below :