Naval Dockyard, Mumbai is the premier ship repair yard of the Indian Navy. With a history of over 200 years, it is one of the largest of its kind in Asia. The yard is the front liner in technology for repair of ships. At present, the dockyard undertakes refit, maintenance and modernisation of ship and submarines of the Western Naval Command. There are more than 100 well-equipped work centres to cater to a range of machinery and equipment fitted on-board ships. The yard also maintains its own fleet of about 70 yard crafts to provide logistic support to warships in harbour. All the workshops and training centres are ISO 9000/2001 certified – a single largest certification of a group of workshops in South Asia.
The Naval Dock is inviting applications for the post of Tradesman Mate in Mumbai.
Tradesman Mate – 548 Posts – Naval Dockyard, Mumbai
Candidates applying to this position must be between 18 – 25 Years of age.
Age Relaxation is given below
- Government Servants – Upper age limit Relaxable upto 35 Years
- SC/ST Government Servants – Upper age limit Relaxable upto 40 Years
- OBC Government Servants – Upper age limit Relaxable upto 38 Years
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer) Category – The Upper age limit is Relaxable by 03 Years
- SC/ST Category – The Upper age limit is Relaxable by 05 Years
- PWD/PH Candidates – The Upper age limit can be relaxed by 10 Years
- Ex-serviceman – The Upper age limit is Relaxable by 03 Years
- Departmental Candidates – Upper age relaxation with 03 years of continuous service, shall be up to 40 Years of age
- Sportspersons – Upper age limit relaxable up to a maximum of 05 Years
- Widows, Divorcee – Upper age limit is relaxable till 40 Years.
- Candidates must be 10th Standard pass from a recognized Board/Institution.
The Selection process involves 3 stages. The candidate must undergo each stage of selection.
- Short-listing – The Candidate’s application will be screened and short-listed based on the marks/grade obtained in 10th Standard. Call letters will be issued only for short-listed candidates Mere possession of qualification(s) does not bestow the right for issue of call letter for participation in the recruitment process.
- Written Examination – Only Short-listed candidates will be called to appear in written examination. The Written examination consists of 100 objective type questions prepared, based on 10th standard syllabus comprising of General Science, Maths and General Knowledge, reasoning etc. The question paper will be provided in English and Hindi language only.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – Based on merit score in Written examination the candidates will be short-listed to appear for Physical Efficiency Test. The test consists of 2 parts.
- The first part of PET is Running 800m in 06 minutes. The second part is carrying weight of 40 kg and walking 25 meters for Men
- For Women PET would be 600 m in 6 Minutes and walking 20 Kg for 25 metres.
- PHC (OH) are exempted from PET, but must be present at the venue.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and Eligible applicants must apply online through ‘On-line application Format’ available on ND (MBI) recruitment website- www.godiwadabhartee.com.
- The candidate must possess a valid Email ID, Scanned Photograph before attempting to fill the online registration form.
- After successful registration candidates will receive their Application Number to Email ID registered with Naval Dock.
- After successful applying online, Candidates are required to download the registration/application form generated by the system with unique registration number. The same is to be retained for all future correspondence / reference.
- One copy of registration / application form and admit card is to be brought to the venue of examination along with following certificates in support of age, education qualification, technical qualification are to be duly attested by any Gazetted Officer.
Opening date for online registration – 30/02/2014 after 9:00 am
Closing date for online registration – 14/09/2014 before 5:00 pm
Last date for reprint of application through website – 20/09/2014 before 5:00 pm
For Detailed Advertisement, General Instructions and Guidelines for filling application form, please click the link below
To apply for the Tradesman Mate post on-line, Please click the link below
To Reprint the Application form (after applying), Please click the link below