Power Grid Corporation of India Limited is an Indian state-owned electric utilities company head quartered in Gurgaon, India. POWER GRID transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network. Its subsidiary company, Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) handles power management for Power Grid. POWERGRID also operates a telecom business under the name POWERTEL.
Power Grid Corporation is on the lookout for Bright, Energetic and committed Engineers to join their 20th Batch as Executive Trainee in Electrical Discipline.
- Executive Trainee (20th batch) – Electrical Discipline – Pay scale of INR Rs. 24900 – 50500/-
Upper Age Limit 28 Years as on 31/12/2014.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
- OBC (NCL) Candidates – 03 Years
- SC/ST Candidates – 05 years
- PWD Candidates – 10 years
- PWD Candidates belonging to OBC (NCL) – 13 Years
- Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg) from recognized University/Institute with a Minimum of 65% or equivalent CGPA in the disciplines of Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering
- AMIE in Electrical with a Minimum percentage of 65% with both sections A & B cleared by 31/03/2015
- Candidates in the final year of their engineering studies may also apply provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria, educational qualifications, age and if short listed for interview he/she must be in the position to submit documentary proof of having passed the degree examinations.
The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package which is one of the best in the Industry.The Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation /Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility,
The approximate CTC per annum are as follows
- During Training Period – Rs 7.78 Lakhs
- After Training Period – Rs 13.95 Lakhs
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND
A Service agreement bond will be required to be signed by selected candidates to successfully complete the training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least 3 years.
- The Amount of bond for General Candidates is Rs. 1,00,000/- & for SC/ST.PWD is Rs. 50,000/-
- Interested and Eligible candidates must undergo GATE – 2015 Examination. Short-listing of candidates is purely done on basis of GATE – 2015 Score.
- The candidates must appear for the Electrical Engineering Paper (EE) of GATE -2015.
- After the short-listing is done candidates are called for Group discussions and Personal Interview
- Candidates shall have the option for appearing the Group Discussion / Personal Interview in Hindi or English.
- To calculate the final aggregate score of the Applicant, weight-ages are assigned to every step of the recruitment process.
- 85% of Weight-age is atributed to marks obtained in EE paper of GATE 2015 Exam.
- Group Discussion carries 3% weight-age.
- Personal Interview carries 12% weight-age.
HOW TO APPLY
- Register yourself online for the GATE – 2015 Examination which starts from September 1st 2014 to October 1st 2014. Download the GATE – 2015 Admit card and receipt of the registration number.
- A Detailed advertisement will be posted on 12th January on Power grid corporation website.
- After the entire GATE application is over, head to Power Grid Corporation website and apply online for the post of Executive Trainee. The link would be available from 15th January 2014 to 27th February.
Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2015 Admit card and Original GATE 2015 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in Power Grid.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
For GATE – 2015
- Commencement of on-line Applications for GATE 2015 – 1st September 2014
- Last date for submission of on-line Applications – 1st October 2014
- Availability of online admit card – 17th December 2014 onwards
For Power Grid Corporation – 2015
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to Power Grid – 15/01/2015
- Last date for Online submission of Application to Power Grid – 27/02/2015
For the detailed advertisement, Job Description, Health Standards etc., please visit the link below